Lemongrass Pure Essential Oil
Lemongrass has numerous 'potential' benefits *. This beautiful fresh, lemony, grassy, earthy, and sweet pure essential oil is powerful - a little goes a long way! It can help with...
- Uplifting mood
- Deodorizing / neutralizes unwanted odors
- Insect repellant / tick repellant
- Skin & Hair Care
- Improves circulation
- Can relieve various ailments, such as fevers, headaches, indigestion, and muscle pain, joint discomfort or inflammation
HOW to use Lemongrass Pure Essential oil:
- Diffuse: benefits include reducing tension, promoting feelings of calm, and freshening the air
- Hair: adds shine; add 1-2 drops of pure Lemongrass per tablespoon of Shampoo or Conditioner
Hair rinse: Mix ingredients and apply to hair. Leave on for 10 minutes and rinse. Use up to two times weekly.
- 1 cup distilled water
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 to 3 drops lemongrass
- Hair Oil: 3 drops lemongrass/ 3 TBL carrier oil (such as Jojoba). Combine oils and shake well. Apply to hair and cover with a shower cap or warm towel. Leave on for 15 minutes and then wash hair.
- To help relax muscles: 1-2 drops / 2tsp carrier oil; Combine ingredients, shake well before each use, and apply to affected areas.
Lemongrass essential oil side effects include skin sensitization (bright red rashes on light skin and darker areas on dark skin). In addition, lemongrass tends to cause more allergic reactions in people than other essential oils. For this reason, the oil should be diluted to levels no greater than 0.7%. We recommend using a 0.5% dilution rate (1 drop of oil per 2 teaspoons of carrier oil).
- Don’t use lemongrass oil on damaged skin, with children younger than 2, or while pregnant.
- Don’t use undiluted essential oils on your skin. Dilute them with a carrier oil first (100% organic cold pressed jojoba oil is an ideal choice). For lemongrass, do not exceed a 0.5% dilution. Perform a patch test to check for allergic reactions.
- Don’t use an essential oil diffuser for longer than 20 to 30 minutes.
- Don’t use essential oils near eyes or mucous membranes.
- Store essential oils out of reach from children and pets.
- Do not ingest essential oils.
- Wash your hands after using essential oils.
*NOTE: The International Federation of Aromatherapists does not recommend that Essential Oils be taken internally unless under the supervision of a Medical Doctor who is also qualified in clinical Aromatherapy. All cautions listed for individual oils do not include those cautions from ingestion.
This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Bottles are filled by volume. Some bottle sizes may not be filled to the top, but do contain the volume of oil specified.
SimplyFAB Beauty products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.